Quick Guide – Sending a fax
Our fax-mail service allows “approved” email addresses to send faxes via our service. Before you can send or receive faxes follow the Quick Guide below to configure approved senders & receivers.
- Fax type: We support PDF, JPEG, Postscript and Tiff attachment formats (sorry no MS Word docs)
- Email address: [number]@fax.hero.co.nz
- Confirmation: We will send the approved sender a confirmation. NB – please allow 5-10 minutes for the confirmation.
Quick Guide – Configuring your vFax
Step 1: Fax Delivery Options
- Log into https://portal.hero.co.nz
- Select Account > Voice.
- Click on the Fax line number > Faxmail Delivery Options
- Specify the email address of approved vfax recipients. Note: Each additional email address must go on a new line.
- Click Save settings.
Step 2: Fax Sending Options
- Click Faxmail Sending Options
- Add and Optional fax verification phase. Approved Faxmail sender (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) can only be associated with a single fax number. This works by specify the alternate fax number/phase in the email Subject field. The Faxmail server will in turn present the specified Subject field fax number as your outgoing fax number. Call it CLI masking for faxing.
- Click Save settings to update.
Click here for a guide on our mail web site on how to use our Faxmail service.