Similar to our popular mobile app, Hero connect softphone is also available on Mac OS. It is a great option for anyone who needs to stay connected to the office from wherever they go. Our Hero softphone family is free to use and have been pre-configured with all the pieces needed to start making calls. All you need to do is enter your number and password.
Older Versions of Mac OS
If you are running a recent version of Mac OS such as Catalina then you should be good to go, otherwise if you are running an older version of Mac OS you may run into some compatibility issues and you may need to upgrade your Mac OS version. We have not checked all versions of Mac OS so please let us know if the Application will not run on your computer for some reason.
Install Hero Connect softphone.
- Download Hero Connect for Mac OS by clicking on this link
- Once downloaded, open the Installer and you will see a license agreement screen
- Press the 'Agree' button to accept the license terms and then you will see the Hero install screen.
- Drag the Hero icon across onto the Applications folder to install the Application. You will then probably see a warning saying that the application cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified
- Click on the Mac logo in the top left corner of your screen and select 'System Preferences...'
- Next choose the 'Security & Privacy' icon in the System Preferences screen
- You should see the warning at the bottom of the window saying that 'Hero' was blocked from use because it is not from an identified Developer. Press the 'Open Anyway' button to allow the Application to be used
- You will then see another warning asking if you are sure you want to open it. Press the 'Open' button to continue
- You may be prompted for access to your camera, microphone and other access rights to your computer - you need to allow/accept these otherwise the application will not work
- The application should now start and you will be asked to login. Enter your Hero phone number or extension number and the password you set for your phone number. If you did not set a specific password for your phone number then this will be the same password as you entered when you signed up for your Hero account
- If your details are correct then you should see the dialpad and you are ready to make phone calls
- When you make a phone call you will see various options including the transfer button in the top left corner and a conference icon for 3 way calling beside this. You can also record calls using the 'Rec' icon in the top right corner. To enter digits during a call click on the icon with the 9 squares beside the padlock icon
- If you need to change the device you are using as your Microphone or Headset/Speaker then click on the Hero menu in the top left corner of your screen and select the Preferences option
- The Audio settings will allow you to change the Playback device to select how you will hear your phone calls and the capture device will change your microphone device. You can also set your Ringing device for incoming call notification.
- You can also click on the Video screen to change your webcam or video capture device for Video calling and you can test your device as well in this screen
If you have any problems with the Hero Mac OS App then please contact our support team by logging a ticket or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org